St. Nicholas Montessori Teachers’ Association (SNMTA) provides a mentoring programme for Montessori School and Montessori Preschool. SNMTA offer support and mentoring to Montessori teachers and provide them with opportunities for continuous professional development.
How mentoring helps
It helps to set and raise standards of Montessori education. Montessori Education Mentors offers Montessori teachers support and advice on
- Montessori Education
- Montessori curriculum planning
- Documenting the delivery of Montessori curriculum
- Information on training/refresher courses and workshops
- Montessori County Networks meetings
- Access to web site with regularly updated information
- Early Years Education –focussed inspections
- ECCE Scheme
- Aistear and Síolta Practice Guide
- The National Strategy to Improve Literacy and Numeracy among Children and Young People
Value of Montessori Education Mentoring
- Promotes quality and best practice, self-development and professionalism.
- Validation of quality Montessori education.
- Opportunity for support and ongoing professional development.
- Promotes awareness of the Montessori philosophy and method of education.
- Informs parents of best practice and delivery of Montessori preschool education.
- Encouraging a networking system for Montessori preschool teachers and other professionals.
- Increases confidence and professional profiling for Montessori teachers.